Jurumani offers an environment where creativity and the practice of building things is believed to be fundamentally useful to both the Client and Jurumani Solutions. Providing opportunity to focus on making products and business operating capabilities work, which means we often are more concerned with how systems align, orchestrate and integrate to achieve business outcomes than any single point solution, essentially building systems that make fixed and mobile telecoms services work for the consumer and enterprise markets.
The AWS Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for migration and deployment of new workloads onto all service related to AWS infrastructure, for example – EC2, EKS, ECS, LightSail, S3, RDS etc. based on Cloud standards, governance and best practices. You will play a meaningful role in maintaining the controls that enable our organization to operate expertly, cost effectively, and within compliance standards.
- Development of controls, for Installation, configuration, automation and monitoring of various cloud services ensuring the cloud best practices are followed.
- Assist Development and Operations teams to interpret, understand and automate solutions by applying industry best practices and policies in order to minimise operational risks.
- To develop state of the art solutions which are technically sound.
- Assists others on own team, or other teams where applicable, on cloud infrastructure deployment projects or operational tasks on technical projects.
- Define operational frameworks for complex deployments in the Amazon Cloud.
- Commitment to team success and positive team dynamics including mentoring of other team members.
- Participate in architecture reviews of IAAS, PAAS, and SaaS usage by the client.
- Be a trusted infrastructure advisor by providing objective, practical and relevant ideas, insights and advice.
- Work collaboratively with consulting partners and technology teams to ensure high quality of solution delivery.
- Encourage best practice and knowledge sharing with partners and cross-functional groups.
- Manage the overall technical design and delivery of solutions by contributing to the overall framework and strategy.
- Ability to make recommendations as they pertain to improvements in support/development initiatives and facilitate implementation with partners and cross-functional groups within the Business.
- Participate in high level technical solution definition and design during the implementation phase with the goal of providing reliable, stable and operationally sound applications that meet the Business requirements.
- Ability to understand and translate business requirements into technical specifications
- Provide 3rd Tier technical escalation support to the 1st Line Helpdesk and assess technology risks periodically.
- Proven experience in performing a mentorship function to junior engineers.
- AWS Solution Architect Professional and SysOps Associate Certification required.
- Successful candidates should have a minimum of 6+ years of industry related experience of which 3 years must be within a complex hosting environment.
- Certifications in system administration, system architecture, virtualization or cloud technologies.
- Extensive knowledge of VMware products, AWS Services
- Extensive experience with large hosting/service provider environments preferred.
- Familiarity with industry standards, guidelines, and regulatory compliance requirements related to cloud computing.
- Knowledge of cloud networking architecture, cloud operations, security, automation and orchestration.
- Excellent teamwork, time-management and organizational skills.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary and assigned by the customer and management
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Understanding of IP/Telecommunications/ICT Industry
- Strong understanding of Hosted solutions, virtual and physical
- Understanding of Networking
- Understanding of Security technologies
- Should understand the migration planning tools and live migration tools.