The Business Analyst is responsible for projects using agile methodologies, serve as a Business and Process Analyst.
The Analyst will work on the product development, build and assurance processes (and at times on the operational improvements processes).
The goal of Process and Practice management is to facilitate and deliver the technical, operational and systemic enhancements requirements to improve the delivery and execution of Technology Enterprise Services (TES). In short; “Make it Fit for Purpose”
- The Process Analyst must understand how the required solution fits into existing systems and practices.
- Actively participate in design sessions and deliver TPE business requirement artefacts.
- Implement fit for purpose processes and practices for delivery and support.
- Responsible for analysing requirements for one or more highly complex products and/or technologies.
- Must be familiar with Agile processes and tools.
- Provide status reporting on project key performance indicators (KPIs), schedule, and milestone delivery.
- Be able to communicates with business and IT stakeholders, Solution architects and integrators.
- Responsible for delivering artefacts in support of the product / service portfolio on time, with quality.
- Responsible for tracking key project milestones and recommending adjustments.
- Partners with stakeholders of the business, technology and IT community to identify and prioritize opportunities to achieve the goals of the enterprise.
- Coordinate across multiple engineering/development teams as needed.
- Serve as a conduit between development, deployment and engineering to ensure requirements and design considerations are incorporated to improve deployment and sustainability of services.
Skills and experience:
- 3 – 5 years’ experience as a Business / Process Analyst
- At least 3 years experience in a Technical Telecommunication environment
- Solid understanding of systems.
- Relevant diploma or degree is an advantage (e.g. IT or Engineering).
- ITIL certification is an advantage.
- Experience in JIRA Administration is an advantage.
- Tibco Nimbus experience is an advantage
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have experience in a technical environment with proficiency in working with repeatable work cycles and other iterative tasks.
- Understanding of design techniques and frameworks as well as technical development / deployment processes.
- Ability to be the calm in the storm to support cross functional teams and business stakeholders through the ups and downs of projects.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to influence others in these areas.
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal skills, especially in situations involving consensus and team building with strong problem-solving skills.