Jurumani offers an environment where creativity and the practice of building things is believed to be fundamentally useful to both the Client and Jurumani Solutions. Providing opportunity to focus on making products and business operating capabilities work, which means we often are more concerned with how systems align, orchestrate and integrate to achieve business outcomes than any single point solution, essentially building systems that make fixed and mobile telecoms services work for the consumer and enterprise markets.
The environment encourages Agile and DevOps modes of operation, particularly for software we build and manage ourselves.
The Business Intelligence Analyst has a diverse scope of duties and responsibilities, however, the primary duty of the Business Intelligence Analyst is to transform data into insight that can help to improve the value of the business.
Role responsibilities and key focus areas:
- Developing and managing business intelligence solutions for the department
- Providing reports through current reporting tools as well as office applications (PowerBI and CliqSense) to improve business processes
- Collaborating with team members for the purpose of collecting data and executing the departments mission
- Analyzing business requirements and processes and recommending them to the management and executives for implementation
- Creating and maintaining documentation that includes the design, requirements and user manuals for the organization
- Managing the adoption of AfriGis Planning Tool as well as maintaining the feasibility matrix for AfriGis
- Act as primary responsible contact for all interaction with OBIEE Reporting Team
Technical Skills and experience:
- Relevant IT degree or diploma
- 2 - 5 years experience in Business Analysis, Data Analysis,
- Data mining/management, data collection instruction, including ability to show data in a user-friendly format for a variety of audiences.
- Work requires good analytical and advanced problem-solving ability to assess, prioritize and solve highly complex business and systems problems.
- Strong problem identification and resolution skills.
- Highly proficient with administrative skills, including advanced use of word, database, Excel and desktop publishing software.
- Ability to analyze complex data sets.
- Self-managed and self-starter.
- Deadline focused.
- Must possess written and verbal communication skills necessary to gather and exchange data (both internally and externally)
- Ability to independently assess which data management and statistical strategies are needed to optimally report outcomes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills required to work with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously and quickly switch between priorities/tasks.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff and adapt to a rapidly changing work environment.
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to apply them in various situations.
- Ability and willingness to mentor colleagues and share experiences to strengthen the team’s success.