Jurumani offers an environment where creativity and the practice of building things is believed to be fundamentally useful to both the Client and Jurumani Solutions. Providing opportunity to focus on making products and business operating capabilities work, which means we often are more concerned with how systems align, orchestrate and integrate to achieve business outcomes than any single point solution, essentially building systems that make fixed and mobile telecoms services work for the consumer and enterprise markets.
The environment encourages Agile and DevOps modes of operation, particularly for software we build and manage ourselves.
The Hosting Specialist is responsible to lead the technical work required to design and build data communication solutions that include hosted services components or participate in the designing of solutions that contain a hosted services component.
Role responsibilities and key focus areas:
- Serve as the technical support within an order fulfillment team
- Serve as the technical expert within an order fulfillment team
- Serve as a concept designer and expert within an order fulfillment team
- Gather detail level technical specifications and configure hosted services
- Direct and control the implementation of hosted services
- Act as an escalation point to resolve device and service problems
- Act as an escalation point to resolve hosted services problems
- Act as an escalation point to resolve concept/solution/business problems
- Have knowledge and understanding of the following:
- Design and Implementation of VPN solutions.
- Router and Switch Configuration – primarily (but not exclusively) focused on Cisco equipment
- Understanding of L2 and L3 technologies and protocols.
- Understanding of Class and Quality of Service.
- Routing and Switching
- Data Center technology
- Cloud services
- Have knowledge and understanding of all technical aspects of L2 and L3 data communication networks and network elements. Have a working knowledge and ability to troubleshoot within the disciplines of MPLS network, Hosting Services, Security Services or Voice Services
- Interpret and solve novel problems experienced with hosted services
- Communicate and liaise with people in other teams tasked with the fulfillment of customer technical and service orders
- Conform to the protocols specified for the delivery of work
- Interact fluently and successfully with customers and all other parties involved in the delivery of solutions
Skills and experience:
- A relevant IT diploma, B Degree in Information Technology, Technical Engineering or Computer Science or a Cisco CCIE qualification or its equivalent
- A valid CCNP Cisco certification plus actively studying towards gaining CCIE or equivalent certification
- A valid CCNA Cisco certification plus actively studying towards gaining CCNP or equivalent certification
- Valid qualification in cloud services, typically Azure and/or AWS
- Hold qualifications in design and advanced cloud services, typically Azure and/or AWS
- Experience in the application of data communication and hosted services technology to the solve customers’ business problems
- Knowledge Security, VoIP or MPLS networking technology as a secondary skill
- Knowledge of Hosting and Cloud services as a primary skill
- Understanding of IP/GSM/Telecommunications/ICT Industry standards and methods
- Communication and client communication skills that allows good interaction with customers and other team members
- Ability to understand and work with the systems and procedures prescribed to perform the required work