Jurumani offers an environment where creativity and the practice of building things is believed to be fundamentally useful to both the Client and Jurumani Solutions. Providing opportunity to focus on making products and business operating capabilities work, which means we often are more concerned with how systems align, orchestrate and integrate to achieve business outcomes than any single point solution, essentially building systems that make fixed and mobile telecoms services work for the consumer and enterprise markets.
The environment encourages Agile and DevOps modes of operation, particularly for software we build and manage ourselves.
The Network Engineer will be responsible in running the daily operations in the Network Operations Center and to support and maintain an efficient communications infrastructure for internal and national communication to customer sites and devices.
Responsibilities (but not be limited to):
- Allocating network resources and maintaining company LAN and WAN
- Installing, supporting and maintaining new server and communications hardware and software infrastructure
- Setting up Radius, DNS, VMware Hosts (ESXi), Secure Web Servers
- Setting up VPN’s
- Implement routine and preventative measures and maintaining and monitoring network security, including firewalls
- Maintain detailed schematics and documentation of all infrastructure and related systems
- Research new technology and components
- Assist with the formulation of new design/technological concepts for the business
- Design, simulate, test and implement design/technological concepts
- Identify cost-saving initiatives
- Assist pre-sales with special projects
- Test/ qualify solutions against international standards
- Assisting internal colleagues in the investigation of networking and system-related problems and solutions
- Real-time investigation and fault-finding communication problems for external and internal clients
- Upskill junior members of the team.
Minimum technical requirements:
- Networking qualification required: Minimum CCNP
- Minimum 8 years experience in Core network functions and operations (BGP and OSPF protocols in an MPLS network)
- Mandatory Strong knowledge of network security and Fortigate firewall configuration, management and support.
- Mandatory Strong knowledge of Linux operating systems, VMware infrastructure, as well as routing.
- Mandatory Strong knowledge of open source applications e.g. Open VPN, FRR, Freeradius, open DNS
- Mandatory Strong knowledge in the ISP environment, e.g. BGP, VRF’s, IGP’s. Working with Fiber network Operators (FNO) and have a good understanding of how FNO networks work and inter-connectivity to such environments.
- Scripting knowledge e.g. Python an advantage.
- Show leadership ability.
- Remain flexible, function under pressure and maintain a positive attitude and work performance in a variety of circumstances
- Take responsibility for staying up to date with the latest trends and developments
- Be willing and keen to share information
- Have good communication skills
- Have a natural tendency to be self-driven and highly self-motivated with a sense of pride in their work
- Show initiative
- Have a strong sense of integrity, and is open, honest and ethical in everything they do
- Be able to learn and apply new development tools quickly and efficiently
- Be able to accept constructive criticism
- Be prepared to travel locally and on occasion internationally, sometimes at short notice