Jurumani offers an environment where creativity and the practice of building things is believed to be fundamentally useful to both the Client and Jurumani Solutions. Providing opportunity to focus on making products and business operating capabilities work, which means we often are more concerned with how systems align, orchestrate and integrate to achieve business outcomes than any single point solution, essentially building systems that make fixed and mobile telecoms services work for the consumer and enterprise markets.
The environment encourages Agile and DevOps modes of operation, particularly for software we build and manage ourselves.
The Automation Engineer is responsible to build and support systems that automate: Device Provisioning, Configuration Management, Migrations, Data Collection, Compliance and Troubleshooting and to design a well architected environment that will be reliable, scalable, and conducive to automation.
Role responsibilities and key focus areas:
- Drive Innovation and Automation inside the organization by supporting Other Team members and enabling them with basic Dev Skills through Skill Sharing Sessions
- Serve as the technical support/escalation point for other teams using the automation mechanisms (services/software) created by the Automation team.
- Gather detailed technical specifications about products. Interpret the information and design a well architected solution that can be automated and scale well. Build and test newly created services and work with other teams till service is ready to go into production.
- Work to get NSO into use by all people who do service configuration. Measure the amount of use of NSO vs manual CLI provisioning and work to get NSO to be the preferred tool.
- Assist with planning big migrations, automate the migration from pre migration checks, configuration deployment, post migration checks to operational checks.
- Assist with network wide compliance checking and reporting.
- Build services to check configuration correctness checking and troubleshoot problems.
- Create and conform to the protocols specified for the delivery of work.
- Interact fluently and successfully with other teams and all other parties involved in the delivery of services.
Skills and experience:
- A relevant IT diploma, B Degree in Information Technology, Technical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Cisco CCNP qualification or its equivalent or Equivalent Relevant hands-on Experience.
Have an adequate working knowledge of:
- Programming in Python (required)
- Data Formatting: Json, XML, YAML, YANG.
- Databases: SQL (Specifically MySQL).
- Containers: Docker.
- Web Frameworks: Django (advantageous),
- Software design patterns.
- Cisco NSO.
Have deep working knowledge, understanding and hands-on experience with the following:
- Design and Implementation of IP Network Solutions.
- Traditional Router, Switch and Wi-Fi Configuration.
- SD-WAN implementation (Velo Cloud, Meraki, Viptella).
- Traditional Security and UTM Service.
- TCP/IP and OSI Model.
- Cloud (AWS/Azure).
- Good Fundamental Knowledge of ISP Technologies: