Jurumani offers an environment where creativity and the practice of building things is believed to be fundamentally useful to both the Client and Jurumani Solutions. Providing opportunity to focus on making products and business operating capabilities work, which means we often are more concerned with how systems align, orchestrate and integrate to achieve business outcomes than any single point solution, essentially building systems that make fixed and mobile telecoms services work for the consumer and enterprise markets.
The environment encourages Agile mode of operation for the delivery of the access technology and management of the service delivery process.
This person will manage Dedicated Microwave and Fibre roll out within the Enterprise Access Services division. The specific project manager will be responsible for all technical aspects of project management to ensure successful service delivery as well as internal and external stakeholder management.
Role responsibilities and key focus areas:
- Ensure efficient end to end implementation of projects according to Project Management Processes.
- Collate requirements for project and define project scope, dependencies and key success factors.
- Develop project plan and schedules with well-defined milestones.
- Draw up detailed day-to-day project reporting and tracker on open projects.
- Accurate, regular and adhoc project reporting to stakeholders.
- Effective management of project deliverables, action items, risks, issues and concerns accompanied by escalations when required.
- Engage professionally with senior management, internal and external stakeholders.
- Supplier/contractor management to ensure SLA is met on all projects.
- Equipment ordering, tracking and stock reporting.
- Managing validation of order requests from Vodacom Business to transmission in terms of technical aspects, pops, access mediums and router configurations.
- Managing team members responsible for system integration, seeding for advance reporting and layer 2 and 3 order placement.
- Circuit Management for the Project Management Office.
- OSS BSS operational support.
- Determine from the proposal what the customer needs are and if the solution is technically feasible and commercially viable.
- Set, observe, and re-evaluate project priorities frequently to manage timeline.
- Communicate to both operational and strategic stakeholders clearly, completely, and concisely using verbal and written communication tools
- Manage MIS (Management Information System) dashboards to track key performance indicators in near real time and manage SLA performance.
- Use operational insights to optimize business processes, service delivery efficiencies, reduce costs and increase competitive advantage.
Skills and experience:
- University degree or diploma in IT/Engineering/Project Management
- Project Management qualification (PRINCE 2 or PMP, diploma in PM) – essential
- 3 years + of proven Project Management experience managing multidisciplinary projects within the Telecoms/IT service delivery space (use of layer 2 technologies i.e. MW/Fibre) - essential
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously - essential
- Strong understanding of general Telecom principles; RF/wireless understanding (desirable)
- Good communication, collaboration and team orientation
- Strong written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise work efficiently as well as multitask
- Must have a high drive orientation and be goal driven
- Must prioritise customer needs at all times
- The ability to use Teams as a collaborational tool