Jurumani offers an environment where creativity and the practice of building things is believed to be fundamentally useful to both the Client and Jurumani Solutions. Providing opportunity to focus on making products and business operating capabilities work, which means we often are more concerned with how systems align, orchestrate and integrate to achieve business outcomes than any single point solution, essentially building systems that make fixed and mobile telecoms services work for the consumer and enterprise markets.
The environment encourages Agile and DevOps modes of operation, particularly for software we build and manage ourselves.
As new services arise within the business, there is a need to develop Service Terms (Contract’s) and associated SLA’s (Service Level Agreements).
The roles responsibility, together with contract management, is to engage with Customer’s to negotiate contract terms and to engage the relevant business areas in order to establish what Vodacom can offer to the Customer relating to services and / or SLAs.
Once terms have been agreed, there is a responsibility is to amend a contract between the parties which details the agreed to terms and conditions, Service Levels as well as the actual service to be delivered to the Customer.
Role responsibilities and key focus areas:
- Negotiation, drafting and finalization of Service Schedules and Customer specific Service Schedules and / or Service Level Agreements within the Vodacom Business: Enterprise Technology space.
- Documenting Service Level Management processes and ultimately managing these processes.
- Draw up and engage with various Vodacom areas, Suppliers and 3rd parties including. multinational partners, for contracts of engagement and Service delivery and support.
- Negotiate and implementing specific Service Level Agreements and Operational Level Agreements with the business units.
- Documenting and management of Change Management or Change Control procedures within Vodacom Business.
- Proactively providing the optimal capacity to meet user demand on agreed service level agreements for all Vodacom Business productized services.
- Reviewing and updating Service Schedules, SLA’s and OLA’s based on changes in business scenarios, infrastructure, quality characteristics and other sections of the service obligations to the Customer.
- Continuously monitoring and reviewing the actual SLA and OLA levels in the organization. Initiating and managing service improvement processes or driving process adherence and improvement.
- Ensure that business methodology is aligned to accepted best practice and industry standards.
- Continuous refinement of the business standards based on feedback from the user community, results of audits, QA finding and feedback from forums.
- Ensure the usability and availability of contract templates through automated means if possible.
- Provide ad-hoc advice and support regarding operational and legal matters (including audits) associated with customer agreements.
- Collaborate with various departments, including Account Management, Solution Architects, Commercial, Contract Management, Legal, Product / Project Managers, Network engineers and other operational and technical departments.
- Provide Service Schedules, SLA and operational support for RFP bids, including formulating, structuring and negotiating bid responses.
- Attend bi-weekly EDF (Express Decision Forum) meetings to represent SLM department (if needed).
Technical Skills and experience:
- LLB degree
- 2-3 years’ experience in drafting, development and / or negotiation of Product Service Schedules (advantage) and / or Customer related Agreements, including telco; commercial, corporate agreements, Government etc.
- Previous experience in a Telecommunication environment would be an advantage.
Knowledge/Technical Skills/ Expertise/ Behavior:
- Drafting and negotiating Product and Commercial Agreements.
- Drafting and negotiating Service Level Agreements.
- Time Management.
- Strong Analytical skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Ability to work and manage in an ambiguous and changing environment.
- Capacity to understand of technical concepts and the ability to communicate it.
- Research skills and ability.