Jurumani offers an environment where creativity and the practice of building things is believed to be fundamentally useful to both the Client and Jurumani Solutions. Providing opportunity to focus on making products and business operating capabilities work, which means we often are concerned with how systems align, orchestrate and integrate to achieve business outcomes. Essentially, building systems that make fixed and mobile telecoms services work for the consumer and enterprise markets. Our environment encourages the DevOps models of operation, particularly for software/services we build and manage ourselves.
The SysDevOps Engineer is responsible for building maintaining and supporting systems that include:
- Containers (Docker)
- OS and System Security Compliance
- Users and User Groups on Linux
- Ansible and Puppet fleet.
You will also be responsible for:
- Driving Innovation and Automation inside the organization by supporting other team members and enabling them with basic Dev Skills through Skill Sharing Sessions.
- Serve as the technical support/escalation point for other teams using the automation mechanisms (services/software) created by the Automation team.
- Gather detailed technical specifications about products. Interpret the information and design a well architected solution that can be automated and scale well. Build and test newly created services and work with other teams till service is ready to go into production.
- Assist with planning big migrations, automate the migration from pre migration checks, configuration deployment, post migration checks to operational checks.
- Assist with compliance checking and reporting.
- Build services to confirm configuration correctness checking and troubleshoot problems.
- Create and conform to the protocols specified for the delivery of work.
- Interact fluently and successfully with other teams and all other parties involved in the delivery of services.
- Adapting to change and continuous learning.
- Driving the infrastructure as code model.
Skills and experience:
- ComTIA Linux + or LPIC1/LPIC2 or LDCS or RHCSA/RHCE or
Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or Technical Engineering or Relevant IT diploma or Equivalent Relevant hands-on Experience.
(NOTE: We are not driven by what qualifications you have, we are driven by what you know).
You need to have an deep working knowledge of:
- Automation Tooling (Ansible or Puppet at least one, both advantageous).
- Containers (Docker).
- Basic Networking and Security Knowledge.
- CICD Tool (Jenkins or GitLab).
- System Monitoring.
It will be advantageous if you have a basic knowledge of :
- TCP/IP and the OSI Model.
- Traditional Routing and Switching.
- Web Frameworks (Django).
- SQL Databases (MySQL specifically).
- Software Design Patterns.
- Cisco NSO.
- SD-WAN implementation (Velo Cloud, Meraki, Viptella, Fortigate).
- Network Security and UTM Services(FortiGate, zScaler, Citrix, Meraki).
- Cloud (AWS/Azure).