The Technical Architect ECS (Enterprise Cloud Services) is responsible for the design of Product solutions (AWS, Azure, Cloud, Hosting and Security) for different applications and industries.
The goal is to facilitate and deliver the technical, operational and systemic enhancements to improve the delivery and execution of Technology Enterprise Services (TES). In short; “Design it Right”
Support product development from concept qualification stage, through design and implementation to product launch.
Architect and engineer quality, scalable products:
Product refinement and optimization
Technical Product Engineering (TPE) capability and practice development
Implement fit for purpose processes and practices for delivery and support.
The Technical Architect is primarily responsible for technical product development, architecting the TES solution based on requirements from Product teams and taking into consideration all relevant stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment.
- Ability to lead and motivate technical communities.
- Must have an ability to communicate with a variety of different audiences and strong presentation skills.
- Demonstrate effective balance between business and technical acumen with both technical and non-technical audiences (written and verbal communication skills).
- Ability to handle customer critical issues and work in difficult situations.
- Ability to lead cross functional teams to evaluate business requirements, translate them into technical specifications for development and implementation to ensure appropriate product solutions transition to operations.
- A solid Technical understanding of Cloud Systems and Hypervisors (VMWare, Hyper-V, AWS and Azure).
- Must have a good knowledge of all components of Cloud Platforms (Networking, Storage, Compute).
- Must have a solid understanding of Cloud Architecture Design.
- Must have knowledge of Database Systems (SQL, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Good Knowledge of Data protection solutions required (NetBackup, Snapshots, Veeam, Replication and DRAAS).
- Knowledge of Micro services and Container Services would be beneficial.
Qualifications & Specialist Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in an engineering discipline or experience working in a telecommunications IT / fixed or mobile network / Unified Communications / Cloud Services or IOT Technology environment.
- 5 to 10 years Hypervisor Experience.
- Solid Scripting and Automation Experience.
- 5 to 10 years Networking Experience.
- Backup and Replication Architecting Experience.
- Exposure to Public Cloud Platforms.
- Experience in a customer facing support role.
- Familiar with Jira/Confluence.
- Relevant diploma or degree is an advantage (e.g. IT or Engineering discipline).
- Solution Architect Certification.
- Any Hypervisor Certification.
- Any Storage Qualification.
- Database Administration/Architecture Qualification would be advantageous.
- ITIL certification is an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understanding of design techniques and frameworks as well as technical development / deployment processes.
- Previous exposure to Solutions Design Specifications to address identified gaps.
- Knowledge and exposure to solution implementation strategy and plans.
- Exposure to working in an Agile environment.