The IoT Technical Architect is responsible for the design of IoT Product solutions for different applications and industries.
The goal is to facilitate and deliver the technical, operational and systemic enhancements to improve the delivery and execution of Technology Enterprise Services (TES). In short; “Design it Right”
Support product development from concept qualification stage, through design and implementation to product launch.
- The Technical Architect is primarily responsible for technical product development, architecting the TES solution based on requirements from Product teams and taking into consideration all relevant stakeholders.
- Requirements from the Product Owners are gathered, analyzed, and architected to develop and implement a product or solution. The nature of the product(s) or solution(s) is to improve ease of provisioning, assurance and billing which in turn drive sales, provide the customers with improved value (monetary or service), or to improve operational efficiencies.
- Responsible for design and architecture deliverables for one or more highly complex product portfolios / technologies.
- Contribute to Scrum meetings and provide team support during planning, iterative feedback, and executions.
- Provide status reporting on project key performance indicators (KPIs) and milestone delivery.
- Contribute to technology strategies, supporting business stakeholders.
- Comply to Scrum values and practices.
- Communicates with business and IT Leadership, Solution architects and integrators to communicate technology strategy, direction, and changes.
- Responsible for delivering relevant designs, architectures, and artefacts on time, within budget, and meeting the strategic and business requirements.
- Responsible for tracking key project milestones and recommending adjustments.
- Partners with leadership and stakeholders of the business and IT community to identify and prioritize opportunities to achieve the goals of the enterprise.
- Manage specific new technical product / service engineering programs to meet service/product objectives.
- Establish milestones and monitor adherence to plans and schedules, identify delivery risks, and obtain/drive mitigation strategies and solutions.
- Coordinate across multiple engineering/development teams as needed.
- Serve as a conduit between cross functional teams to ensure requirements and design considerations are incorporated to improve deployment and sustainability of services.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment.
- Ability to lead and motivate technical communities.
- Must have an ability to communicate with a variety of different audiences and strong presentation skills.
- Demonstrate effective balance between business and technical acumen with both technical and non-technical audiences (written and verbal communication skills).
- Ability to handle customer critical issues and work in difficult situations.
- Ability to lead cross functional teams to evaluate business requirements, translate them into technical specifications for development and implementation to ensure appropriate product solutions transition to operations.
- Ability to conceptualize, design, construct, test, and implement business and technology solutions through application of appropriate technology life cycle methodologies.
- Ability to interact with product portfolio stakeholders, product managers, solution architects and integrators, technology, and systems subject matter experts to gain an understanding of the business environment, technical context, and organizational strategies and tactics.
- Ability to proficiently manage stakeholder engagement and communication; engage with Product Owner(s) for new and ongoing product requirements.
- Knowledge and exposure to solution implementation strategy and plans.
- Exposure to working in an Agile environment.
- Any Hypervisor Certification and /or Storage Qualification and/or Database Administration / Architecture Qualification would be advantageous.
- A solid Technical understanding of Cloud Systems and Hypervisors (VMWare, Hyper-V, AWS, and Azure).
- Must have a good knowledge of all components of Cloud Platforms (Networking, Storage, Compute).
- Must have a solid understanding of Cloud Architecture Design.
- Knowledge of cellular 3GPP / LPWAN / radio technology, with an understanding of communication protocols (MQTT, COAP, LWM2M, etc.) aspects for IoT applications.
- Knowledge of data communication, network, software application, web-based and service-based architectures (REST/SOAP), cloud and IT technologies.
- Prior Experience/Knowledge of IoT Business Arena, technology trends and competitive landscape (preferred).
- Consistent track record in technical / pre-sales capacity.
Qualifications & Specialist Experience:
- Relevant diploma or degree is an advantage (e.g. IT or Engineering discipline).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in an engineering discipline or experience working in a telecommunications IOT/Cloud Hosting Technology environment.
- Solution Architect Certification (advantageous).
- Solid Scripting and Automation Experience.
- Backup and Replication Architecting Experience.
- Exposure to Public Cloud Platforms.
- Understanding of design techniques and frameworks as well as technical development / deployment processes.