This person will manage the Vendor/contractor performance of the division. The specific Vendor/contractor manager will be responsible for all performance management aspects to ensure successful service delivery within Service Level Agreement (SLA) of all field service vendors/ contractors.
The Vendor/ contractor Manager will receive support from the relevant product Programme Managers within the division as well as Management.
Role responsibilities and key focus areas:
- Ensure efficient end to end performance management of all vendor/contractors within Delivery, delivering a microwave or fibre layer 2 service.
- Ensure efficient end to end performance management of all vendor/contractors within Provisioning as well as Assurance.
- Draw up detailed day-to-day/ weekly/ monthly project reporting and tracker on all open projects in progress with field service vendors/ contractors.
- Detect, analyse (Root cause analysis), monitor and resolve problems.
- Quality control including spot checks to be conducted.
- Accurate, regular and ad-hoc project reporting to stakeholders.
- Effective management of vendor/contractor deliverables, action items, risks, issues and concerns accompanied by escalations when required.
- Engagement with all vendors/ contractors, senior management, internal and external stakeholders.
- Vendor/contractor management to ensure SLA’s are met on all projects.
- Set, observe, and re-evaluate project priorities frequently to manage timelines based within SLA.
- Manage Vendor/contractors process and provide feedback to help optimise business processes, reduce costs and increase competitive advantage.
- Ensure the ATP (Acceptance Test Procedure), documents are submitted timeously within SLA.
- Ensure Surveys are conducted timeously within SLA and Customers are notified upfront of contractors arriving on site.
- Ensure Customers are notified should a cancellation occur 24h upfront.
- Ensure contractors do not leave the site during a survey until a viable option has been found.
- Ensure a 50% uptake in the survey to builds (single day survey and build).
- The above roles and responsibilities would be focused on the survey, build and provisioning phase. Assurance would be excluded.
Skills and experience:
- University degree or diploma in IT/Engineering.
- Project Management qualification (PRINCE 2 or PMP, diploma in PM) or Vendor/ contractor / (SCM) Supply Chain Management qualification – (essential).
- 3 years + of proven Vendor Management experience managing suppliers/ vendors/ contractors within the Telecoms/IT space – (essential).
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously – (essential).
- Strong understanding of general Telecom principles; RF/wireless understanding (desirable).
- Good communication, collaboration and team orientation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise work efficiently as well as multitask.
- Must have a high drive orientation (Drive Performance) and be goal-driven.
- Must be self-motivated and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must prioritise customers’ needs at all times and be customer-centric.